“family gathers here”
Another Sunday filled with food and family. Today is a hot one, so I decided to cook something light and easy. I started with making pizza this morning, than I prepared the spaghetti salad; I wanted to be able to hang by the pool with the kids. We made hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill and I also made my delicious corn on the cob. The dinner was an easy one, and gave us plenty of time to enjoy the family.
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 1- 16 ounce bottle of Italian salad dressing
- 1- container of cherry tomatoes
- 1- zucchini , diced
- 1- yellow zucchini, diced
- 1- pepper any color, I used yellow , red and orange
- 1/2 red onion
- 1- english cucumber
- 2 – small cans of sliced olives, drained
- 8 ounces of cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- garlic powder , to taste
While the spaghetti is cooking, cut up all the vegetables with the olives and cheese and put in a large bowl. Add the cooled spaghetti to the vegetables and mixed well.
In a small bowl mix the dressing, garlic powder and parmesan cheese, pour over the spaghetti and vegetables, mix until well combined.
Let sit in refrigerated for at least 2 or more hours before serving. I hope you enjoy this easy summer recipe.