“kitchens were made to bring families together”
Today my husband Ronnie requested polenta (yet again), so I made it a bit different. I used fire roasted tomatoes, which made it a totally different taste . The polenta came out so creamy, the best I’ve made it so far. I hope you like this version!
- 2 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deviened
- polenta, follow directions on back of package (I used 5 cups of water and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- olive oil
- handful of fresh parsley
- 1 container of mushrooms, cut up into pieces
- 1- 14.5 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (or your favorite kind)
Saute the garlic in olive oil with the seasoning. Add the mushrooms and the can of the fire roasted tomatoes and the parsley, let simmer for 1/2 hour. While that is cooking, make the polenta. Add the cheese when the polenta is almost done and stir. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is pink, serve over the polenta. Enjoy!