“you can’t just eat good food. you’ve got to talk about it first”
So another polenta dish, ( I think I finally made the texture like my grandmother’s). I used some milk and cheese to make it creamy, which my son Anthony said made it “unhealthy.” I said “everything in moderation is ok”.
- I follow the directions on back of polenta, I used half milk and half water
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds of sausage without the casing
- 2 containers of mushrooms
- olive oil
- seasoning, salt pepper garlic powder to taste
- sweet peppers (optional) , butter (optional)
Follow the directions for the polenta. While that is cooking saute the sausage in a few tablespoons of oil. Add seasoning and mushrooms continue to saute I than added about a tablespoon of butter. I lowered the heat to low, covered it and cooked it till mushrooms were done.
I served the mushroom mixture on top of the Polenta . Ronnie thought this was my best Polenta ever!
One Comment Add yours
Sounds super yummy!