“cooking is an expression of who we are”
All day long I was thinking about what I was going to make for dinner. I took out chicken and wanted to make it a different way, so I did my daily Pinterest check. I found a few different recipes, but I always end up making my “go to chicken”. I also want to make something with the rainbow quinoa, and I want to make it different than I usually do; I decided to try quinoa fried “rice”. Now all I have to do is create my own recipe.
Quinoa fried “rice”
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced ( I used purple and orange carrots)
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 4 cups of cooked quinoa, follow directions in package. ( I used the vegetable broth and seasoning in the water
- 3 -4 tablespoons of soy sauce, or more to taste
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
Add butter to pan and heat until melted. Add garlic, carrots, peas, onion and seasoning. Saute until the onion and carrots are soft. Add the quinoa, scallions and soy sauce, and stir until combined. In a separate pan cook the eggs until scrambled, then add the eggs and stir until combined. Add more soy sauce if needed.