“stay close to people who feel like sunshine”
Since the holidays are over, and my foot is healing, and I don’t have to wear the boot anymore, I can start to cook the way I usually do. Holidays are great, but we get off course with the way we eat. I decided to make Shannon’s chicken and broccoli dish, and add a few more vegetables. I also used a different kind of dressing, a garlic and basil Italian dressing. It turned out to be very tasty, I hope you enjoy this version.
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes
- 1 container of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli crowns, cut up
- a few splashes of olive oil
- 1 bottle of Italian dressing, your choice
- a few table spoons of butter
- rice, you could also use pasta or egg noodles
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Sauté chicken in butter add the broccoli, tomatoes, and mushrooms, let cook for a few minutes then add the dressing, start with half the bottle and add more as needed. I decided to make white rice instead of the pasta. While the chicken and vegetables are cooking, I started the rice. Once everything is cooked, scoop the chicken and vegetables over the rice.