“memories are timeless treasures of the heart”
Another one of my favorite recipes that my grandmother used to make — eggplant in crushed tomatoes. She would cut up the eggplant, sauté it, and put a can of crushed tomatoes over it. My grandmother would make everything look so easy and quick; maybe it was because I was so young and had no concept of time.
- 2 small eggplants, cubed with skin on
- 1/2 container of mushrooms (optional)
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
- handful of fresh parsley
- basil to taste
- olive oil
- 1 – 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- sugar (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves – minced
- grated cheese for topping
In a 3 qt. sauce pan, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, seasoning, minced garlic, and eggplant, sauté for a few minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, parsley, basil and sugar. Cook until the eggplant is nice and tender. Hope you like it.