“happiness is a kitchen full of family”
My family loves hot and spicy foods. Since I’m not a big fan, they always add hot sauce to everything. I used to think that Ronnie didn’t like my cooking; he explained that he did but liked it a bit hotter. Ronnie suggested using Chorizo with the polenta (they still want polenta almost every night).
- Polenta, I use 5 cups of water and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (add after the you add the polenta)
- 2 packages of ground Chorizo
- 1/2 container of cherry tomatoes
- handful of small sweet peppers
- fresh garlic, minced
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Saute the chorizo in pan with oil and then add the peppers and tomatoes. Cook until chorizo is done and the vegetables are cooked. While that is cooking, make the polenta following directions on back of package. I add the cheese after I add the polenta.
Pour the chorizo mixture over the polenta. Then, add grated cheese and serve. They loved it!