“cooking is love made visible”
I did a bunch of errands today with my granddaughter and the whole time I was with her I was trying to figure out what I was going to make for dinner. I was on Pinterest the other day and I saw this ravioli and mushroom recipe, that’s all I could think of. I love mushrooms and I love love ravioli. So when I got home I looked in my fridge hoping I didn’t have to go back out to the market, getting in and out of the car with a 2 year old is very tiring when you become a grandmother. I substituted a few things with what I had. Hope you enjoy it!
- 1 pound of sausage
- 2 pints of mushrooms, any kind you like
- 2 summer squash, or your favorite vegetable
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- seasoning – salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- crushed hot pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 1 pound of frozen or homemade ravioli
- 1/2 cup of broth – I use Seitenbacher vegetable broth and seasoning.
Saute the sausage with the crushed garlic and seasoning, I than add the summer squash (or your vegetable of choice), while this is cooking bring water to boil and cook the ravioli. I than add the broth, mushrooms and fresh parsley to sausage, continue cooking on low. When the ravioli is done i mix it with the sausage and squash.