“just another magic monday”
Yes, another polenta and sausage recipe, Ronnie and Anthony told me that they could eat polenta everyday; I think they are very serious! I, on the other hand, would like something different, but it is easy, tasty and healthy, so why bother if they are happy. This time I switched it up a bit I used garlic and herb chicken sausage (instead of the spinach and feta chicken sausage) I also started with onions and carrots and used crushed tomatoes. My Mondays are usually leftovers or something simple to cook.
- 1 pound of chicken sausage, crumbled
- 1 red pepper, cut up into small pieces
- 2 scallions ( you can also use yellow onions)
- 3 small carrots, cut up into small pieces
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 – 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 4 or 5 large mushrooms, you could use more or less
- polenta, directions on package (I substitute 1 cup of whipping cream and 5 cups of water)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Drizzle the bottom of pan with oil. Sauté the onion, carrots, garlic, peppers. While that is cooking, crumble the sausage and add to vegetables, let cook for about 10 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes and simmer. I usually add the mushrooms right at the end so they don’t overcook. While that is cooking, I make the polenta. Serve the sausage and vegetables over the polenta, sprinkle with cheese. I hope you enjoy this version!